[Tutor] A Stuborn Tab Problem in IDLE

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 16 13:27:02 CET 2010

On 2/14/2010 7:01 PM, Dave Angel wrote:
> Wayne Watson wrote:
>> the dos command line facility and got to the file. I executed the
>> program, and it failed with a syntax error. I can't copy it out of
>> the window to paste here,
> Once you've discovered the DOS box, you should also discover QuickEdit
> mode.  In the DOS box, right click on the title bar, and choose
> "Properties".  First tab is Options.  Enable Quick-Edit mode, and
> press OK.  Now, you can drag a rectangle on the DOS box, and use right
> click to paste it to the clipboard. Practice a bit and you'll find it
> easy.  An essential tool.
> DaveA
I have QuickEdit on, but ... I was going to say I couldn't copy and
paste. I just did it. However, I guess one can only select on a
rectangle, and it has to sweep all the way from left to right.

Time to use help, and print it out.

"Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from
the good news." -- Steven Pinker (and other sources)
Why is this true, but yet the media says otherwise? The media
knows very well how to manipulate us (see limbic, emotion, $$).
  -- WTW