[Tutor] datetime, time zones, and ISO time

David Perlman dperlman at wisc.edu
Wed Feb 17 22:24:26 CET 2010

But this doesn't help, because then you still don't know whether it's
dst or not.  You then would have to jump through whatever convolutions
to do that calculation.

All I want to know is the *current* offset between local time and
utc.  I know the system has this information already; it doesn't
require any kind of fancy calculations about global politics or
anything.

--
"Pseudo-colored pictures of a person's brain lighting up are