[Tutor] Wrestling with the Py2exe Install, Win7[XP!], Py2.5

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 19 22:30:47 CET 2010

I suppose I'm in an interesting situation with regard to Win cmd prompt.
I did this work on XP.  There the facility is a bit more constraining
than Win7 on my new PC.  On XP, I do not have name completion w/o
setting something. I only recently started with cmd prompt again. In
Win7, it's automatic.  There are other differences.  An oddity, to  me
at least, name completion in W7 does not halt at the first difference.
It goes all the way to completion at the first file that it can find, I
think. I have to back up and try again.

I think today will end my use of Python on XP. I have all files on Win7
now. I'll likely test py3exe there today to see how it behaves.

What you say about the path change makes sense, but it's unfortunate the
producers of py2exe haven't given some insight into this and the misc
files produced in the dist folder. Of course, I have not Googled much at
all on any of this. I'm glad I finally worked my way to this facility.
It should help a good deal on the distribution of my demos to non-python
friends, and fellow project workers at far flung places from here.

--
             "There is nothing so annoying as to have two people
              talking when you're busy interrupting." -- Mark Twain