[Tutor] Python 3 Statistics?

James Reynolds eire1130 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 21:43:28 CET 2010

Hi All,

I am brand new to python and programing in general. I've been writing a
program that will eventually run a monte carlo simulation of some mortality
events and I've been making decent progress so far.

I decided to use Python 3, as a long term decision, but getting access to
modules seems to be tricky.

For me to progress further though, I need to do some statistics work in
Python. Does anyone know of a python module in Python 3.1 which will allow
me to do statistics work? Otherwise I will have to go back to Python 2.5? to
get numpy and scipy?