[Tutor] Using Python with a Mac

Eric Dorsey dorseye at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:43:08 CET 2010

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but you can invoke the Python
interpreter from the command line (Terminal)

Open a new terminal, and at the $ prompt just type "python"..

$ python
Python 2.6.1 (r261:67515, Jul  7 2009, 23:51:51)
>>> print "now in the python interpreter"
now in the python interpreter

To run a python program from the command line (assuming its in the same
directory), just type:

$ python myprogram.py