[Tutor] strange bidi requirement

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 24 23:53:18 CET 2010

"rick" <rdole1 at cogeco.ca> wrote in message
news:1267029242.9270.13.camel at rick-desktop...
> 14238.83
>
> I would need to read the .03, then the .8, and so on.   I figure all
> strings, cast to int  (well, for this example, float).  Would this be
> easier if I learned some GUI programming?   Can it be done at all in
> just console?

It can but you probably need to fake it by storting the previous anser then
pre-pending the next character. You can do it by using one of the console
I/O libraries to delete the line and rewrite it - conio is one such.

In pseudocode

ans = ''

while not done
   ch = getch()
   ans = ch+ans
   delete line
   print line,

Hope thats enough to start.

Another option for a known length is to use cursor positioning commands
to move the cursor from right to left with each character.

Finally you could use curses, but thats just a pseudo GUI for consoles!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site