[Tutor] Images on Python 3k

Luhmann luhmann_br at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 16 11:46:42 CET 2010

Hello List,

Does anyone know of a way simple way to display JPG and PNG images on python 3?

My program uses tkinter, and currently my solution is to use ImageMagick's convert through std to convert the images to gif. However the conversion is too time consuming.

I have only started using python after Py3 was released, so this is is the only version I know. I have tried to make my code work in Python 2 so I could use PIL, but I
came across many bugs to which I could not readily find a solution, and it seems it would take me a long time to get it fixed.

      Découvrez les photos les plus intéressantes du jour.
http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/