[Tutor] exit handler for C extension module

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Mon Jan 18 08:40:31 CET 2010

Shuying Wang, 18.01.2010 03:13:
> What would be an atexit equivalent for a C extension module? When my
> extension module is unloaded, I would like some clean up functions to
> be called from an external c library. I've had a look at the C
> extension guide but I can't find anything like that,

I'm not aware of anything special here. Just use the "atexit" module itself
and register a Python function. At least, that's what we do in Cython for
any module level cleanup.

You may also consider adding some hints on what you want to use it for,
maybe there is some support for your actual use case.

Stefan