[Tutor] smtp project

Adam Bark adam.jtm30 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 12:46:27 CET 2010

2010/1/17 Kirk Z Bailey <kbailey at howlermonkey.net>

> I am writing a script that will send an email message. This will run in a
> windows XP box. The box does not have a smtp server, so the script must
> crete not merely a smtp client to talk to a MTA, it must BE one for the
> duration of sending the message- then shut off, we don't need no bloody
> op0en relays here!
>
> I am RTFM and having some heavy sledding, can I get an Elmer on this?

This isn't quite what you're after but I wrote some code a while ago to find
the changes to a wiki in the day from an update RSS feed and then send an
email with these changes to a mailing list via a googlemail account. Anyway
there should be some useul code in it
http://cubesat.wikidot.com/wiki-change-emailer
HTH
Adam.