[Tutor] combinatorics problem: assembling array

markus kossner m.kossner at tu-bs.de
Thu Jan 21 10:06:40 CET 2010

Dear Pythonics,
I have a rather algorithmic problem that obviously made a knot in my brain:

Assume we have to build up all the arrays that are possible if we have a
nested array
containing an array of integers that are allowed for each single
position. For example
the nested array
(
(1,2,3,89),
(3,5,8),
(19,30,7,100,210,1,44)
)
would define all the arrays of length  3  that can be  enumerated  using
the
array of  possible numbers  for each position.
Beforehand I will have no Idea of the length of the arrays. How do I
enumerate all the possible
arrays with python?

Thanks for getting the knot out of my brain,
Markus