[Tutor] multiply and sum two lists with list comprehension?

Muhammad Ali ali.jan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 07:22:48 CET 2010

Hi,

I am multipliying two lists so that each of list As elements get multiplied
to the corresponding list Bs. Then I am summing the product.

For example, A= [1, 2, 3] and B=[2, 2, 2] so that I get [2, 4, 6] after
multiplication and then sum it to get 12. I can do it using map like this:

sum(map(lambda i,j:i*j, A, B))

But map is being dropped out in python 3? or has it already been dropped?
And I have heard Guido say that list comprehension do a better job than map
so how would we do this with list comps?

Thanks,
Ali