[Tutor] Future of Python Programmers

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 20:37:18 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:15 PM, nikunj badjatya
<nikunjbadjatya at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear all PyPers,
> .
> I have one important question to ask to all of you,
> I am a fresher, recently completed my graduation, had started working on
> python 2 months back..!! and I just fell in love with the language. I want
> to learn more about it.
> The only concern is there arent enough companies which work on Python. (
> Kindly correct if I am wrong?? )
> and also kindly tell me the core application areas of the language, ( Is
> there any where Python is dominating compared to other languages? )
> I followed up a link ( http://www.dmh2000.com/cjpr/ ) which nicely
> illustrates difference between many languages.
> Is there any chance where the development of Python will make it as fast as
> C++ or JAVA, (or it is at its optimum level? ) .
>
> P.S. I have recently joined the group, dont know if similar discussions
> held before.
>        I dont know if this is the right way to ask these type of questions
> .

That's a perfectly acceptable way to ask the questions, and probably at
least a decent place to ask them. I know there have been a few questions of
that nature.

As far as I know and can tell - for the most part, many of the Python
libraries are implemented in C. This makes it nearly/as fast as C.

There are many companies that work with Python, though for some of us
pythonistas there's no such thing as enough ;)

-Wayne