[Tutor] (no subject)

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 2 09:56:30 CEST 2010

"Richard D. Moores" <rdmoores at gmail.com> wrote

>> Yes, and I would recommend you get yours from the Activestate.com
>> web site rather than python.org since the Activestate version is
>> much
>> more Windows friendly.
>
> Alan, I'm interested. Could you tell us more about how it's more
> Windows friendly?

It comes with the Windows extensions pre packaged as well as a
Windows help file which gives access to the usual Python docs plus
a bunch of other resources, all fully searchable etc. The installer
also
does a better job IMHO of setting up the Windows path, start menu etc.

Its nothing critical but just makes for an easier life having all the
Windows extras etc work "out of the box".

Alan G.