[Tutor] Help with choices for new database program

Jeff Johnson jeff at dcsoftware.com
Fri Jul 2 23:55:24 CEST 2010

On 07/02/2010 11:40 AM, Chris C. wrote: I'm writing this question
because I want, for my own satisfaction, to rewrite one of my Access dbs
(one that does our finances) into a stand-alone Python database program
using SQLite.  I know I'll be learning as I go, but that'll work, I'm
not in a big hurry and I'll work on it in my spare time.  Right now I'm
trying to get organized and get a game plan, and that's where I need help.

I have been developing database applications for 20 years using FoxPro
and VFP.  Now I am developing using Dabo.  Dabo is a framework wrapper
for wxPython written totally in Python.  I use SQLite for small
applications and PostgreSQL for larger ones.  Dabo was written by two of
the top FoxPro developers and is supported by many others all over the
world.

http://dabodev.com/

Please check it out.  And go to www.leafe.com and subscribe to the
dabo-user email list.