[Tutor] Help with choices for new database program

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 03:14:58 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Jeff Johnson <jeff at dcsoftware.com> wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 05:35 PM, Chris C. wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff, thank for your reply!  I’m aware of Dabo and was pretty much sold
> on using it until the last couple of days.  I was trying to install it so I
> could start connecting to my tables when I ran into a problem with the
> instructions for installing ReportLab.  I wrote to the mailing list
> Wednesday but haven’t heard from anyone.  Being such a  beginner and knowing
> I’ll be needing help, it kind of has me wary of committing to Dabo when I’m
> having this trouble getting help before I even get started.  I saw your post
> to the Dabo mailing list with the title “Reference to bizjob control” has
> been getting responses.  Can you confirm whether my question went out to the
> list recipients?  Did you receive it?

Stick to the main python libraries(python with sqllite, and for the
standalone exe know it's somewhere, and I've seen it in the past few
days, but didn't pay attention because it wasn't important to what I
was doing at the time) going anywhere else is the beginning of an ADHD
nightmare. It's like being a hypochondriac with an unlimited
healthcare plan, you'll want to see any option except for the obvious
in front of you.

Try not to get distracted by the shiny things unless necessary.