[Tutor] Help with choices for new database program

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 03:31:42 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Jeff Johnson <jeff at san-dc.com> wrote:
> On 07/02/2010 06:14 PM, David Hutto wrote:
>>
>> Stick to the main python libraries(python with sqllite, and for the
>> standalone exe know it's somewhere, and I've seen it in the past few
>> days, but didn't pay attention because it wasn't important to what I
>> was doing at the time) going anywhere else is the beginning of an ADHD
>> nightmare. It's like being a hypochondriac with an unlimited
>> healthcare plan, you'll want to see any option except for the obvious
>> in front of you.
>>
>> Try not to get distracted by the shiny things unless necessary.
>>

> I'm not sure how this helps with Chris's application.  I will agree that the
> number of choices is daunting!  The nice thing about Dabo is the group is
> focused on database applications.  Kind of like Django is focused on web
> devopment.

Well, it was mainly that he said he was a beginner and was only using
this for a single banking project, I do believe.

Not that learning a new package would be helpful, I like
experimenting, and failing/succeeding, but if this is all he needs to
accomplish, then not using more than is necessary would be beneficial.
A simple script, with simple sqlite fields to maintain.