[Tutor] newbie to gui programming

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 7 09:16:28 CEST 2010

"Nick Raptis" <airscorp at otenet.gr> wrote

> Really good news is that on this very list on another thread,
> someone suggested Dabo http://dabodev.com/
> It's a python library on top of wxPython and it's database-logic-GUI

But its not a complete wrapper for wxPython so you still need
to revert to wxPython at some stages. Also its being database
centric is great if thats what you are doing, not so great for games
programming etc.

But the tight coupling of wxPython to its C++ roots can be seen
as a bonus because it means you can quickly use its Ruby and
Perl incarnations too - and if you need to the base C++.

This is one of the reasons I mainly use Tkinter - because I already
knew the underlying Tk and I can use those same skills in Lisp
and Ruby and Perl UI code.

You pays your money and makes your choice! :-)

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site