[Tutor] newbie to gui programming

Nick Raptis airscorp at otenet.gr
Wed Jul 7 15:30:22 CEST 2010

Well, choice is a great thing!
Except when you're new and all that choice seems overwhelming :)

When I started out python a year ago, I knew just enough C to know that
I didn't want C/C++ to be my first language that I learned.
That's why I found the wxPython style a nuisance, because I was at the
same time trying to learn the python way of doing things.
I do see the merits you say in how wxPython does things, it just didn't
work out then.
In the end, I never did any GUI work because of the overwhelming choice
and instead did a little pygame stuff and then got into django, mostlly
because my local community did.
So, db-centric seems good to me right now and will definately check dabo
out, although to be honest, a webkit application on top of django sounds
as good.

Anyways, I'm drifting all this while away from the purpose of this list.
Thank you so much for the answers, you're such a helpful bunch.

Nick