[Tutor] Python Book recomandation!

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:04:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Eric Hamiter <ehamiter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> As a fellow complete beginner, I have actually started a web site that
> details just this. I'm learning as I go and have tried to put together
> a curriculum of sorts that will helpfully guide other newbies as well,
> and reinforce what I'm learning for myself.
>
> http://letslearnpython.com/
>
> Pardon my own plug, but you are exactly the audience member I am
> targeting. Everything I recommend with the exception of a paperback
> book is free to access. I'm adding more "lessons" as I go, and
> hopefully as I progress, I can make more specific recommendations.
>
> You are off to a great start by asking this list; I've found the
> people here are very friendly and extremely knowledgeable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric
>

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Daniel <asmosis.asterix at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I recently browsed the BeginnersGuide/NonProgrammers section of the
>> Python website, but I have a question regarding it. With what book I should
>> start learning Python? Or should I take them in the order they are presented
>> there on the website?I have no previous programming experience, thanks.
>>

>> Have a great day!

I've done several, including Byte Of  Python, as well as Dive into
python, and this is the best so far:

inventwithpython.com/IYOCGwP_book1.pdf

Although each individually might not make you an immediate expert.
Each helps you gain knowledge by repeating some of what you know, and
then offering a different program in which these fundamentals operate.

 So the more you practice the fundamentals within the books,(and don't
forget the online tutorials available), the more user friendly Python
becomes.

.