[Tutor] Return error message for my script in Blender

Andrew Martin amartin7211 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 23:11:19 CEST 2010

I am new to Blender and Python (2.6 on vista) and was trying to follow a
tutorial in the book Blender 2.49 Scripting by Michel Anders. I was trying
to write a script that would create a user interface where the user could
select various aspect of an insect and the code would create a polygonal
bug. However, when I copied code exactly from the book, I got an error
saying "'return' outside function". Here is the code I had in the text
editor:

#!BPY

import Blender
import mymesh2

Draw = Blender.Draw
THORAXSEGMENTS = Draw.Create(3)
TAILSEGMENTS = Draw.Create(5)
LEGSEGMENTS = Draw.Create(2)
WINGSEGMENTS = Draw.Create(2)
EYESIZE = Draw.Create(1.0)
TAILTAPER = Draw.Create(0.9)

if not Draw.PupBlock('Add CreepyCrawly', [\
('Thorax segments:'  , THORAXSEGMENTS, 2,  50,
    'Number of thorax segments'),
('Tail segments:' , TAILSEGMENTS, 0,  50, 'Number of tail segments'),
('Leg segments:' , LEGSEGMENTS, 2,  10,
    'Number of thorax segments with legs'),
('Wing segments:' , WINGSEGMENTS, 0,  10,
    'Number of thorax segments with wings'),
('Eye size:' , EYESIZE, 0.1,10, 'Size of the eyes'),
('Tail taper:' , TAILTAPER, 0.1,10,
    'Taper fraction of each tail segment'),]):
     return

Anybody know why I keep getting this error?

Thanks a lot
amartin7211