[Tutor] xml question

Albert-Jan Roskam fomcl at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 21:09:09 CEST 2010

I am making a data processing program that will use a configuration file. The file should contain information about: (1) source files used, (2) (intermediate) output files, (3) used parameters/estimation methods (4) manual data edits + datetime stamp + user name . I'd like to store this config file in xml. However, I've never created something like this before. Is this a suitable format, and, if so, what would the elementtree look like? Should I just use 'config'  or something similar as root, and the information elements 1 through 3 as child elements? And should the manual edits be stored as an element 'edit' with various attributes (the edit itself, the time stamp, etc.)?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?