[Tutor] Decorator listing

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Wed Jul 28 00:13:06 CEST 2010

On 7/27/2010 1:11 PM Mary Morris said...
> I'm writing a program with python that compiles a list of decorators from my
> company's source code.  I'm new to python and need help with the following:
> I'm trying to make the program find ".com" in any lines and not include them
> in the list of decorators that gets returned.  THis is because I had the
> program look for the @ symbol to find the decorators and it returned email
> addresses in the list.

You can probably sidestep this issue by looking for the @ symbol in the
first non-whitespace position in the line, rather than in any position
of the line.

IE, instead of something like:

   if "@" in line:

...try something more like:

   if line.strip().startswith("@"):

This way you won't pick up the email addresses at all, and won't
subsequently need to filter them out of your results set.