[Tutor] Python and Abaqus

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 16:29:46 CEST 2010

On 7/30/2010 7:44 AM, leo.ruggiero81 at libero.it wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to have access to the Abaqus kernel by a Python script. My
> intention is to avoid to use the Abaqus GUI (or command line) to run a
> simulation.
> The idea is to lunch the Python script by DOS or Python module.

"lunch" mmm spam?
> The problem is that my Python script runs from the Abaqus command line or from
> the GUI (menu-->file-->run script) but it doesn't run from outside.
>
> Python doesn't recognize the Abqaus objects (i.e. mdb).
>
> How could I solve this problem?

Please learn to ask good questions. In this case specifically:

Tell us what you are doing to "run from outside". Be as specific and
thorough as possible.

Tell us what results you are getting. Be as specific and thorough as
possible.

"Doesn't run" and "doesn't recognize" are too vague.

Post your script if not too large else use a pastebin and provide the link.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239