[Tutor] video watermark

Jan Jansen knacktus at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 4 17:18:43 CEST 2010

Am 04.06.2010 09:21, schrieb Igor Nemilentsev:
> Hi everyone.
> Can someone suggest a python module so that it would be able to do a video
> processing and adding watermark in video?

Once I had to blur the part of the viewing area of a screencast which
showed some confident CAD model. First, I exported the video as sequence
of images with virtualdub. The result was something like 3000 *.bmp
files on my harddrive. Then I created a little python script using PIL
(http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/). That script processed the
files file by file, so no worries about huge movie files and memory.
Finally, I've merged the new images with virtual dub. It all worked very
well.

Otherwise I'm not aware of any video processing library in Python.

Also, there're filters for virtualdub to add watermarks to a movie. That
might be the easiest way to get your results.

Cheers,

Jan