[Tutor] Question

Steve Bricker bricker.steve at imonmail.com
Sat Jun 19 17:51:31 CEST 2010

 Back in ancient days, my college training began with FORTRAN the
first semester, then COBOL, ALC (BAL), and RPG in the second
semester.  Even though this was back when dinosaurs were still ruling
the earth, the learning program remains relevant.  Understand one
language in a practical way, then use that to move on to others.
 Steve Bricker
 On Fri 10/06/18 22:55 , Independent Learner nbr1ninrsan7 at yahoo.com
sent:
 ~After doing a google search, I could not find any good solid
anwsers. So I will apologize ahead of time since this is not really a
Python specific question. However...   ~I was wondering if I should
try to learn 2 programming languages at once, Python and C++.
Obviously I am working on learning python right now, I have gotten up
to Classes(I am studying from Learning Python 3rd and 4th editions
from Mark Lutz on Safari online books), and feel like I have a pretty
good idea of everything before classes. Yea there are still a lot of
things I am not really fully comprehending, but like I said I have a
pretty good idea.    ~Perhaps it is also worth nothing Python is
pretty much my first real Programming Language. Yea I took an intro
to comp sci class(like 2 years ago) and a computer programming logic
class(also like 2 years ago) both using pseudocode and have since
dabbled in C(I started a programming class for school but dropped out
twice after about 1/3 of  the semester, for two consecutive semesters
about 9 months ago) So here I am, a computer engineering major
failure who had to change my major to Physics so I wouldn't have to
take all those dammed comp sci classes Figured I could just teach
myself. I mention this because I want to make clear I have the logic
and critical thinking skills down, and in my opinion the aptitude as
well.    ~So is it better to learn 1 programming language first, then
learn another. Or better to pretty much learn them at the same time?
And why?    ++Thank you so much if you have actually taken the time
to read this. =) P.S. Julius Hernandez