[Tutor] Reading Excel Files

Carlos Daniel Ruvalcaba Valenzuela clsdaniel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 01:55:28 CEST 2010

Hello list,

I was wondering if anyone has worked with excel 2007 files (importing
data from), I have done so for old format (xls) via a number of
modules like xlrd and the old pyexcelerator, however none of those
packages currently support new 2007 format, although xlrd may have
support for it later.

Has anyone had to deal with something like this recently?, I'm
thinking as last resort just work with the underlying XML files of the
format, but it would be nice to have an already working module.

Regards,
Carlos Ruvalcaba