[Tutor] OT: need computer advice from wise Tutors

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 11:31:32 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> "David Hutto" <smokefloat at gmail.com> wrote
>
>> > fundamentally different from "downloading", and those who know > that
>> > the
>> > only difference is that with streaming, the browser deletes the > video
>>
>> But this only matters if a)you're paying for it, not the boss b) that
>> there are unlimited plans available for a single monthly price, or c)
>> you have an 'egotistical'(meaning a professional ego/rep to maintain)
>> perspective on minimizing your code.
>
> Or if the network is shared with other users or other applications
> since heavy downloads slow down access for every network user.
> And if your neighbour is downloading a lot of video you will notice
> the effect on your network speed.

So, the bandwidth supplied(better question for my own ISP) is like a
drop cord, even with alleged T1 connections plugged in, it drop in
accordance with usage that exceeds the max capacity even though they
sell it as it's max capacity?.

 Sometimes I watch the wave of bandwidth and wonder, but a question
seldom asked if service is satisfactory.