[Tutor] Suggestions for output on multiple platforms

Thomas C. Hicks paradox at pobox.com
Tue Jun 29 14:26:23 CEST 2010

I am a beginner at all this and never expected to reach a point where
people other than myself may have to have access to the output of one
of my programs.  My problem is this - I have written a program that
uses xlrd to read a series of xls files and collate and summarize the
data.  My original plan was to then write out that data into another
xlwt spreadsheet that could be updated on a regular basis.  I was
thinking of adding a page per month as the data is updated regularly.

The problem is that xlwt doesn't allow for very convenient addition of
data to a spreadsheet - basically it has to re-create the whole
spreadsheet each time.

So now I am looking for suggestions of how I can output my data
analysis.  I am running Linux but the data needs to be able to be seen
by users of OSX and Windows.  I have been reading about GTK and figure
I could output the analysis using that but am not sure it will be
readable under Mac and Windows.  Any ideas are welcome!

thomas