[Tutor] Problems installing

Andrew Martin amartin7211 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 07:35:10 CEST 2010

I just downloaded Python 2.6.5 onto my windows vista laptop. I am attempting
to install "escript version 3: Solution of Partial Differential Equations
(PDE) using Finite Elements (FEM)." I downloaded the files and manually
placed them in their appropriately place on my computer according to the
ReadMe file. However, when I try to import escript, I get an error:

>>> import esys.escript

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    import esys.escript
ImportError: Bad magic number in
C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\esys\escript\__init__.pyc

Can anybody lend me a hand?

Thanks,
amartin7211