[Tutor] Any Tutor there ? Removing redundant parameters in a models file having include files.

ALAN GAULD alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 2 01:01:08 CET 2010

> Why people use proprietary python ?

Because it does something normal Python doesn't. For example I often use
Jython (Python implemented in Java instead of C) because it allows me to
import Java classes and test them. It also allows me to rapidly build Java
classes that I can integrate as temporary solutions in Java programs
until the Java developers get round to writing pure Java versions. (For example
I can use Python's powerful dynamic collections to create data processing
classes)

I can also use Jython to interactively experiment with or test Java classes
using the >>> prompt, to find out how they behave under different conditions.

Others use stackless Python for things like massively parallel processing.

Still others favour Iron Python which is written in .NET so that we can
use .NET classes and libraries from Python and use Python classes
within .NET.

> To have more trouble ? To be different from the rest of community ?

No, usually to fit in with another community. Or it may be to experiment
with different implementation ideas - like many Lisp researchers use Lisp to
meddle with the interpreter to try out new computing concepts. Its relatively
easy to do that in Python too. And so the science of computing is advanced.
But at the cost of using non standard implementations. Not everyone
programs to solve practical problems. :-)

> It's better to spent energy to participate with the core developers to make the
> common langage evoluate.

But sometimes you want to go beyond the language, to explore ideas and
concepts that underlie everything we do in every language. Languages like Lisp
and Python make that possible, if not exactly easy!

HTH,

 Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn To Program website
http://www.alan-g.me.uk/