[Tutor] Problems with iterations and breaking loops.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 17 19:20:11 CET 2010

"Karjer Jdfjdf" <karper12345 at yahoo.com> wrote

> I have a list of tuples with 2 values.
> I want to perform calculations on all of these
> for each value in a range of values (e.g. 100 to 110).

So, if I understand you correctly,  you want to
write a function

perform_calculations(value, list_of_tuples, ):
     for v1,v2 in list_of_tuples:
           # something = calculate( value, v1, v2)
     return something

Then you iterate over your values:

results = [perform_calculations(value, list_of_tuples) for value in
range(min,max+!)]

results should then be a list of results (which might in turn be tuples or
lists)

Does that work for you?

--
Alan Gauld