[Tutor] parsing pyc files

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Mar 23 12:37:46 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:01:11 pm Jojo Mwebaze wrote:
> Researchers at our university are allowed to checkout code from CVS,
> make modifications, change variables/parameters and run experiments..
> After experiments are run, results are published. (However we don't
> allow them to commit the changes, till changes are approved)
>
> take an example, two researchers can run two experiments on the same
> data set but get different results depending on what someone
> did/changed.
>
> So the problem is how to compare both results, We need to know how
> the results were generated. e.g methods invoked, parameters/variables
> passed to that method, and probably changes made to the classes and
> probably store this information as part of the data.

Then ask the scientists for the source code.

If you suspect that they will give you a version of code which is
different from the version they actually ran, then run it on the same
data. If it doesn't give the exact same results, send it back with this
link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_misconduct

--
Steven D'Aprano