[Tutor] python magazine

Lowell Tackett lowelltackett at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 28 13:46:49 CEST 2010

--- On Sat, 3/27/10, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:

> From: Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org>
> Subject: Re: [Tutor] python magazine
> To: "Lowell Tackett" <lowelltackett at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Benno Lang" <transmogribenno at gmail.com>, tutor at python.org
> Date: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 6:12 AM
>

> Lowell Tackett wrote:
> > >From the virtual desk of Lowell Tackett
> >
> > --- On Fri, 3/26/10, Benno Lang <transmogribenno at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > From: Benno Lang <transmogribenno at gmail.com>
> > Subject: Re: [Tutor] python magazine
> > To: "Lowell Tackett" <lowelltackett at yahoo.com>
> > Cc: tutor at python.org,
> "Bala subramanian" <bala.biophysics at gmail.com>
> > Date: Friday, March 26, 2010, 8:38 PM
> >
> > On 27 March 2010 00:33, Lowell Tackett <lowelltackett at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> The Python Magazine people have now got a Twitter
> site--which includes a perhaps [telling] misspelling.
> >>
> > Obviously that's why they're looking for a chief
> editor - maybe it's
> > even a deliberate ploy.
> >
> > I'm not sure if this affects others, but to me your
> replies appear
> > inside the quoted section of your mail, rather than
> beneath it. Would
> > you mind writing plain text emails to avoid this
> issue?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > benno
> >
> > Like this...?
> >

> No, there's still a problem.  You'll notice in this
> message that there are ">" symbols in front of your lines
> and benno's, and ">>" symbols in front of
> Lowell's.  (Some email readers will turn the > into
> vertical bar, but the effect is the same).  Your email
> program should be adding those upon a reply, so that your
> own message has one less > than the one to which you're
> replying.  Then everyone reading can see who wrote
> what, based on how many ">" or bars precede the
> respective lines.  Quotes from older messages have more
> of them.
>
> Are you using "Reply-All" in your email program?  Or
> are you constructing a new message with copy/paste?
>
> What email are you using?  Maybe it's a configuration
> setting somebody could help with.
>
> DaveA

Don't really know what I'm doing wrong (or right).  Just using the [email] tools that have been made available to me thru Yahoo mail and Firefox.  I began this text below your submission and "signature", and I'm using plain text, as suggested by a previous comment.  Don't know what else I could embellish this effort with.