[Tutor] bind line-oriented device output?

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 19:52:31 CEST 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com> wrote:

> I'll read the Product Reference Guide and hope it tells me that the
> Wasp WLS9500 "reports a control character." Unfortunately when I
> search the PDF
>
> http://tinyurl.com/waspWLS9500manual
>
> for "control character" I get no hits. Are there synonyms for that
> term in this context?

Take a look at the bottom of 8-5, it has some prefix/suffix values.
Apparently you can set it to send <prefix><data> and it looks like by
perusing the manual and probably a bit of trial and error you can set it up
to send one of any number of CTRL characters as the prefix. I don't know of
any windows program that uses ctrl-] as a hotkey though I'm sure there are
some.

For Python registering hotkeys, a quick google search pulled up these:
http://www.islascruz.org/html/index.php/blog/show/HotKeysonWindows.html
http://bytes.com/topic/python/answers/574341-how-create-global-hotkey (mainly
lots of links to other sites)

I wasn't able to find anything super definitive on mac, though, which is too
bad.

Anyhow, HTH,
Wayne