[Tutor] An interesting situation befalls me

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun May 9 14:16:35 CEST 2010

"Alan Gauld" <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote

>> Learn Python the Hard Way:
>> http://learnpythonthehardway.com/index
>
> These were both new ones to me, thanks for sharing!

I've just finished skimming this one and its pretty good IMHO!
My only gripe is the final "chapter" - "Advice from an
old programmer".

It seems Mr Shaw has become somewhat disillusioned
with the software engineering profession, but as someone
who has beenn programming for at least as long as he has
I have to say that I still enjoy it and find it rewarding both
personally and financially. So don't let the final page of
cynicism put you off a career in software engineering.

Otherwise, if you are looking for a newbie tutorial this a
is a good one although it has less depth than most other
tutors, it's still a good first step. I assume it's still a work
in progress too, since it jumps from Exercise (aka
chapter) 10 to Excercise 27 in one go!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld