[Tutor] First steps for C++/Qt developers

M. Bashir Al-Noimi mbnoimi at gmx.com
Wed May 12 15:01:09 CEST 2010

Hi denis,

On 12/05/2010 01:25 م, spir ☣ wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:09:05 +0200
> "M. Bashir Al-Noimi"<mbnoimi at gmx.com>  wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> This is my first post and I want to set a plan for learning python
>> syntax within 2 weeks.
>>
>> I'm C++/Qt desktop developer and I want to learn python for creating
>> rapid web applications so I read some articles about that and I found
>> that django is suitable framework -I guess- but I still need some info
>> to complete my plan then applying it.
>>
> Just a few comments:

humm, you confused me I'm still a newbie and I don't know anything about
differences between C++ & python even I couldn't understand you. How C++
is a static language !??!!

I use C++ since I was in high school and I still found it most flexible
language, and if I found C++ is suitable for rapid web applications (you
can read about wt C++ web toolkit) I'll never try to learn a new
language but C++ in fact not flexible for web applications, for that I
decided to learn python.

In addition to your confused comment you didn't answer vital my questions.

*PS*
Please notice that if I knew the differences between C++ & python or
even knew enough info about python be sure that i'll never post any
question here cuz there is python-list at python.org mailing list for
python questions not for newbie just like me :-[

>>     1.  From where I can start python by examples for C++ developers (I
>>        don't want documentation tutorials cuz I need simple tutorials
>>        compares between C++&  python syntax just at start point)?
>>
> Depending on what you really mean with these words, it may be a wrong approach, imho. Learning a new language is not just a question of catching syntactic patterns, not even if you properly get associated semantics. It's rather a question of developping a new way of watching topics or problems, and thus modelling&  designing differently. Else, what you end up with is "charabia", like if translating form arab to chinese word-for-word ;-)
> This is especially important when passing from a static to a dynamic language. Dynamicity opens new doors to modelling practice fields. Or rather: when using a static language these doors are closed...
>

>>     7. Does the period of 2 week enough for learning python syntax&
>>        basics of web developing?
>>
> See note above.
>

>>     8. Does any one tested an experience just like me (learning a new
>>        language within short period could be crazy ;-) )?
>>
> Ditto. And yes, when I started with python intensively for a period, I used its OO framework like if it were static! It took me a rather long time to realise I had wrong mental schemes, barriers infact. (Actually, for a while, when watching properly written dynamic code, I even thought it was wrong&  ugly&  tricky stuff. instead I had a cube of concrete where there should be a brain.)
> But dynamicity is not the only point. Even rather similar languages like eg Python&  Ruby&  Lua develop different programming approaches, styles and flavors.
>

> denis

Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi
My Blog: http://mbnoimi.net