[Tutor] creating distribution lists in outlook

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu May 13 09:18:40 CEST 2010

"Luke Paireepinart" <rabidpoobear at gmail.com>

> 1000+ contacts in one contacts folder. When you create the distribution
> lists a number get cut off if you try to put too many into the list. But
> there is no indication of how many went into the list.

I think Luke made a good point. This is usually done by businesses
at the Exchange server as a central list. Do you use Exchange?
Outlook is intended as an individual mail client so doesn't expect
any one person to be putting togetrher really big lists. (A stupid
assumption because I've been hit with this limit too.)

If you are using Exchange you should look at the admin interface of that
and see how to create big lists - I've never done it personally but I
know that's how I need to get a big list created - via the Exchange
admin team.

Just a thought.

Alan G.