[Tutor] creating distribution lists in outlook

Pirritano, Matthew MPirritano at ochca.com
Thu May 13 16:34:44 CEST 2010

I appreciate the effort to help!

I work for the county. If we were a business, or maybe just in better economic times maybe we could afford a program that does email distribution lists. I believe that is the way the companies probably deal with this.

Here's what Microsoft says about the size of outlook distribution lists:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/238569

Between 50 & 70 emails per list. That's just a limitation of outlook. At least outlook 2003.

On the other hand I have heard that Outlook 2007 might have dealt with this limitation. I will probably check that out. It does seem like the python solution is going to be too labor intensive. As with many such issues I thought it would be a fun challenge to see if I could get it to work. : )

Thanks for the help.
matt

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D.
Research Analyst IV