[Tutor] First steps for C++/Qt developers

steve steve at lonetwin.net
Fri May 14 11:22:39 CEST 2010

Hello Bashir,

On 05/13/2010 08:48 AM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi wrote:
> Thanks Alan,
> [...snip...]
> Oh my god, I finished the basics of python within one day (continues 10
> hours)!!!
> What's amazing language :-*

Yes, everyone here feels the same way :). Anyways, now that you have a hang of
python and you already know Qt, I would recommend playing around with PyQT just
to get a feel of the language using API that you already know.

http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/
http://www.commandprompt.com/community/pyqt/

If you want to directly head on to learning Web Programming though, I suggest
you start with:
http://www.djangobook.com/en/2.0/

Although, I personally am a bit biased towards:
http://www.cherrypy.org/

...which is a lean, no-frills web application framework.

Like other have mentioned, you don't need to know CGI programming to write web
applications these days, but knowing how CGI works helps immensely. For a high
level overview of web programming using python, see:

http://docs.python.org/howto/webservers.html

hth,
cheers,
- steve