[Tutor] Help

she haohao einstein_87 at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 10:08:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am a beginner in python and I have a problem here and I hope someone can help me.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Question.

Say I have a .fa file and I want to print a subsequence from the file without the \n how can i do it.

Example: Inside the test.fa file I have

>chromosome 1
ACTGTGTTC
ACGTCGACC
AVGTTTTTT
ACGTTaGTC

so if I say i wan the subsequence starting from the 7th character to the 11th(i.e when i let p=(7+11)/2=9 and v=2) character.(excluding the first line), mean I want TTCAC.

So how should I write the code so that \n does not appear if i want p=10 and v=3.

Thanks for the help.

Have a wonderful day ahead!
Angeline