[Tutor] Program_to_catch_changes_in_webpage

nikunj badjatya nikunjbadjatya at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:05:51 CEST 2010

Hi All,
I am actually using a web interface for outlook mails. Pointing the link to
my browser opens a page which shows me all my mails.
I had to refresh it to check for a new mail.  Many a times I was very late
to send a reply because of it.
So a thought to make a script which will automatically refresh that web
page, and tells to user for any new mails by popping a dialog or making a
sound.

*  It should periodically check for any changes in that webpage .
*  If their is any, then notification should be sent to user. ( some dialog
pop up, or some sound. )

Any idea as to how to proceed on this. ?

OS - Linux ( CentOS 5.4)
Browser - Firefox, Opera

Thanks,

Nikunj Badjatya