[Tutor] PYTHON 3.1

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:47:49 CEST 2010

greetings and welcome (back) to Python! i have a few comments for you:

1. The syntax for Python 3.x has changed from 2.x, so please be aware
of the differences as you are learning. Most books and code out there
is still 2.x. 3.x is being adopted but because of the differences, it
is slower than most version upgrades. also, 2.x is still going to be
current for awhile... it has not been obsoleted yet.

2. Are you in Nigeria? if so, you may wish to attend the Nigerian stop
of the Python Africa Tour:
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/python-african-tour/blog/2010/04/26/preparing-our-3rd-stop-nigeria/

3. Absolute Beginner CD: you asked for it last year --
http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-176782.64.html#msg3450555 --
but i guess no one has sent one to you yet? anyway, that edition is
only for Python 2. there is now a 3rd edition that is in Python 3. you
should be able to order it from your local technical bookstore, or you
can buy it from Amazon... they ship to Africa. here is the link to the
new edition: http://amazon.com/dp/1435455002

4. Put your reply to my email on the bottom and not on the top. I know
it's not easy because you  are on a mobile, but it makes things easier
to read. Yes, it is the opposite way of doing it from regular business
email.

best regards,
-- wesley
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.j.chun :: wescpy-at-gmail.com
http://cyberwebconsulting.com