[Tutor] NLTK needs YAML?

kagebatsu kagebatsu at cox.net
Thu May 27 06:25:45 CEST 2010

Michael Scharf-6 wrote:

> $ sudo python setup.py install
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 13, in <module>
>     import nltk
>   File "/private/tmp/nltk-installer/nltk/__init__.py", line 92, in
> <module>
>     from yamltags import *
>   File "/private/tmp/nltk-installer/nltk/yamltags.py", line 1, in <module>
>     import yaml
> ImportError: No module named yaml

I'm having the *exact* same issue. Has anyone helped you solve this? I'm
emailing a professor at my school about this ...maybe he can help if neither
of us has figured it out?

also, when i do:

sudo port install py26-nltk

i get:

Unable to execute port: can't read "build.cmd": Failed to locate 'make' in
path: '/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin' or at
its MacPorts configuration time location, did you move it?

It doesn't seem like you're having that issue, though. I am =/

Brandon

ps. sorry this reply wasn't an answer.