[Tutor] pythonpath

John washakie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 23:03:30 CET 2010

Chris,

I haven't worked on windows in ages, but I think you can set a
PYTHONPATH variable if you right click on My Computer and maybe the
advanced tab, there is a place to set ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES. Create a
new one called PYTHONPATH pointing to your directory.

-john

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM, Chris King <g.nius.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/1/2010 5:57 PM, Vince Spicer wrote:
>
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Chris King <g.nius.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/1/2010 5:47 PM, Vince Spicer wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Chris King <g.nius.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Dear Tutors,
>>>    When I try to import a module, how can I make it look in certain
>>> directories for them easily.
>>> Sincerely,
>>>    Chris
>>
>> Hello Chris
>> You can manage you path from within your script,
>> import sys
>> sys.path.append("/home/user/lib")
>>
>> Or in bash you can edit your  $PYTHONPATH env variable
>> echo $PYTHONPATH
>>
>> --
>> Vince Spicer
>>
>> --
>> Sent from Ubuntu
>>
>> So doing it in cmd windows will permanently change it?
>

> the first way with work for Window,  the second is for Linux or posix
> systems
> Sorry I can't help with PYTHONPATH on windows.
>
> --
> Vince Spicer
>
> --
> Sent from Ubuntu
>
> I want a permanent change.

Configuration
``````````````````````````
Plone 2.5.3-final,
CMF-1.6.4,
Zope (Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2),
Python 2.6
PIL 1.1.6
Mailman 2.1.9
Postfix 2.4.5