[Tutor] Commercial or Famous Applicattions.?

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Tue Nov 9 01:18:17 CET 2010

Hello all.

Newbie question. Sorry.

Can you mention applications/systems/solutions made with Python that
are well known and used by public in general? ANd that maybe we do
not know they are done with Python?

I had a talk with a friend, "PHP-Only-Fan", and he said (you know the
schema of those talks) that "his" language is better and that "just
to prove it" there are not too many applications done with Python
than the ones done with PHP and that "that of course is for
something". That conversation , that by the way I guess is useless at
all , makes me thing the idea of ask of applications done with
Python. Not for debate the argument of that guy BUT to learn what can
be done with Python. In grphical interface, schemas of jobs, etc. I
know that there are tons of solutions but would like to hear of
possible about the ones you have used most or recommend the most.

As an example, I love and have used in the last years MAILMAN, never
crashed, always works even on my small and old Intel Pentium III with
a 10GB hard disk and 640KB of RAM. Still working and will work for
sure (running under FreeBsd by the way).

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Jorge Biquez