[Tutor] Too different 2.6 vs 2.7?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 9 02:28:18 CET 2010

"Jorge Biquez" <jbiquez at icsmx.com> wrote

> Are there really BIG differences between version 2.6 and 2.7?

No.

> As a newby , trying to learn all the features of all the libraries.

That will take you a long time. Better to use it writing software
IMHO.
Learn the libraries you need as you need them.
If you need something remember to look in the library first...
I've been using Python for 12 years now and only used
about 30% of the modules in the library.

> Will I miss TOO much if I stay under version 2.6? Or it will be
> better to stay under 2.7 (in that case under Windows XP)

If 2.6 works stick with it for now till somebody in Ubuntu land
fixes the issue.

I still use 2.4 on my netbook, 2.5 on my Mac and 2.6 (and 3.1)
on my desktop PC. I've been thinking of giving 2.7 a whirl but
I'm in no hurry...

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site