[Tutor] Columnar Transposition Cipher question

Eike Welk eike.welk at gmx.net
Tue Nov 9 19:37:28 CET 2010

On Tuesday 09.11.2010 18:36:43 Stefan Behnel wrote:
> Steven D'Aprano, 09.11.2010 05:01:
> > http://pypi.python.org/pypi/obfuscate
>
> Hmm - why is the Windows installer on that page called "linux-i686"?

It was probably created on Linux. Python's Distutils create installers for
Windows even on Linux. They get file names that contain "linux-". You must
rename them, otherwise your users get confused.

I did never try them, because I have no Windows computer. Do these Windows
installers work when they are created on Linux?

Eike.