[Tutor] program hangs in while loop using wx.yield

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Tue Nov 16 08:37:05 CET 2010

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010, Alex Hall wrote:

> Is there a basic tutorial for this sort of thing?

Chapter 3 ("Working in an event-driven environment") of the book "wxPython
in Action" is a pretty good tutorial on event-driven GUI programming in
wxPython.  The book in general is pretty good; I no longer buy many
computer books, but this one was worth it.

If you don't want to buy it, if you're in the U.S., you can go to
http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/67122432 and plug in your zip code to see if
a library near you[1] has it.

[1] or a library that has inter-library loan arrangements with a library
near you.  I'm currently reading "Essential SQLAlchemy," courtesy of the
San Diego State University library.  My local library (San Jose Public
Library) borrowed it from SDSU and then lent it to me.  It's kind of cool
that one library will send a book 400 miles to another, just because I'm
too cheap to buy a copy and asked for it.

Apologies to anyone at SDSU who's learning SQLAlchemy and wondering why
they can't find this book in their library.