[Tutor] code quest

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sat Nov 20 20:11:12 CET 2010

On 11/20/2010 11:03 AM Kirk Bailey said...
> OK, I need to create or find a function that will return a list of
> DIRECTORIES (only) which are under 'the current directory'. Anyone got
> some clue on this? Please advise.

Use os.walk

Emile

Help on function walk in module os:

walk(top, topdown=True, onerror=None, followlinks=False)
     Directory tree generator.

     For each directory in the directory tree rooted at top (including top
     itself, but excluding '.' and '..'), yields a 3-tuple

         dirpath, dirnames, filenames

     dirpath is a string, the path to the directory.  dirnames is a list of
     the names of the subdirectories in dirpath (excluding '.' and '..').
     filenames is a list of the names of the non-directory files in dirpath.
     Note that the names in the lists are just names, with no path
components.
     To get a full path (which begins with top) to a file or directory in
     dirpath, do os.path.join(dirpath, name).