[Tutor] JOB AD PROJECT

Knacktus knacktus at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 21 10:10:52 CET 2010

Am 21.11.2010 04:34, schrieb delegbede at dudupay.com:
> Hi People,
> I am afraid only Alan has said something to me. Is it that solution would never come or u guys are waiting to gimme the best?

I agree with what Alan wrote. Your project sounds like real challenge
even for experienced developers. Even for a team of experienced developers.

You need both deep knowlegde of certain areas and broad knowledge of
programming, databases and networking/communication. Of course you don't
get the knowlegde if you don't start to develope a system. But if you
start with too much and too complex things the risk is that you get
stuck. There's a saying: "You've got so much in your mouth that you
can't chew anymore." (And you realise it only when it has happened ;-))

To avoid that risk of suddenly being buried in complexitiy and not
knowing what to do and where to move next, I'd recommend to follow a
step by step learning path:

With your project in mind, plan 3-5 smaller projects. Each project has
one of the key technologies for your final project as focus. For example:

1) Create a Django site where users can register and unregister. 2 or 3
simple web forms. Nothing more. You'll learn all the database stuff and
Django basics.
2) Build a system that handles SMS communication.
3) Build some a nice html+JS websites.

Then you can tackle the last and most challenging task, which is to
design your overall system: Infrastructure, layers and your
business-logic modules/classes.

Go in small steps! That will also keep your motivation up as you get
feedback after each step.

HTH,

Jan